Although I have Fibromyalgia, Myasthenia Gravis and Anemia and am so tired all the time, I often have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep. Sometimes it’s due to the chronic pain I have, sometimes it’s anxiety, sometimes I get my days and nights mixed up because I nap so frequently during the day and sometimes it’s that I’m over tired.
Some suggestions to help you sleep and possibly get a more restorative sleep are below:
- Avoid caffeine.
- Keep a regular sleep schedule
- Drink warm milk before sleeping
- Don’t eat a large meal before sleeping
- Keep your bed for sleeping or sex only. If you can’t fall asleep get out of bed, try to read or listen to some soft music. Don’t toss and turn.
- Be sure that your bed, mattress and pillows are comfortable. Don’t just choose any mattress because it’s on sale. Research. Try out the various types of platform beds, pillows including body pillows.
- Keep your bedroom dark and quiet
- Use relaxation techniques
- Check with your doctor or pharmacist to see if there are any medications that you take that may be keeping you awake
- Try to avoid long naps during the day
- If your bed partner snores or there is other noise that keeps you awake, try ear plugs
Hopefully these suggestions will help you in your goal to seek a good night’s sleep.