My Many Mistakes This Week

Posted by Connie on Thursday, June 12th, 2008 at 9:52 pm and is filed under Healthy or Not.

Human Brain
When I’m in a flare my brain is much more mushy than it normally is. Brain Fog is my middle name all of the time but with my extra fatigue, new and increased meds, low potassium and who knows what else, I can think of something one second and forget it the next. I have to have everything written down and have the list with me. I’ve called my older daughter about things we talked about already. I’ve forgotten about my Aunt’s birthday. I forgot to tell my youngest daughter how proud I am of her on her last day of school. The list goes on.

Trying to fight this depression, I’m finding that laughing at myself again is very helpful. Having a lot to laugh at is even more helpful. I’ve been watching funny movies. I’ve been thinking of ways to torture my doctors. I’m researching cures like inserting flash memory into my brain, using sponges for the bottom of my feet to remove toxins and using candles to remove wax from my ears. It’s amazing how many scams are out there online. But they sure are fun to read about, especially the testimonials.

Beware of them and of me, at least for a while!

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 StumbleUpon 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Filament.io 0 Flares ×
Healthy or Not

1. Be encouraged Connie. Your transparency in what you’re feeling is really amazing. I imagine it helps you a little to write and put what you’re going through out there. I admire your strength and how you are reaching out to others with chronic pain. I will say a prayer for you tonight!

Leslie’s last blog post..Law of Attraction__Part 1

comment by Leslie — June 12, 2008 @ 10:15 pm
  2. You are an amazing woman! I know that we don’t know each other that well, but your posts help me deal with the things in my life that tend to get me down! You take what life gives you and do your best with it, and, like Leslie said, I admire you for your strength! Keep the faith!

Holly’s last blog post..Looking for some extra cash?

comment by Holly — June 13, 2008 @ 8:27 am
  3. Connie – when you find out more about adding flash memory – sign me up! How hilarious!

Love your positive attitude. Hang in there.

Julia’s last blog post..Stages and Changes

comment by Julia — June 17, 2008 @ 4:07 pm
  4. Connie, This post got me giggling. I too
    experience “brain fog” on a daily basis…and laughing at myself I have also found is my key to coping with it.
    Also helps me to feel comfortable with others laughing with me, especially when I can’t find the right words and come up with a non-sensical sentence. (If I could remember an example I would share it.)

I accidently commented about “brain fog” on your “about me” page–oops–
    my brain is foggy too.

I also have Myasthenia Gravis, Fibromyalgia and quite a few other chronic illnesses. I’m glad to have found your blog and your positive/fun attitude.

Kerry’s last blog post..?Fun Fees?

comment by Kerry — June 19, 2008 @ 4:57 pm
  5. I can relate to quite a bit of what you are going through. I too, have been looking for funny movies to watch to lift my spirits. I seem to be very anxious all the time now.

thingswelose’s last blog post..words that describe how i feel, when i sit and really think about it…

comment by thingswelose — June 20, 2008 @ 9:16 pm