So That’s What Those Mood Swings Are About?

Posted by Connie on Thursday, January 15th, 2009 at 1:18 am and is filed under Chronic Illness, Health Information.

I’m trying not to make this a rant so I’ll just write about my symptoms without much commentary. Boring, but better than reading me whine about it at the same time, trust me.

About December 27th I had a menstrual period after not having one for about 6 months. It caused the Myasthenia Gravis symptoms to go haywire and it lasted 7 days.

Then about January 6th, this all started again. Add to that, nausea, dizziness, weakness, extreme fatigue, cramps, headaches and worsening MG symptoms. So I made a visit to my Primary Doctor as this was continuing.

I got the news that I am most likely starting Menopause. When I asked if the chronic illnesses would be made worse by Menopause I was told no. I do remember that fluctuating hormones can worsen MG. And I remember having to stop using the birth control pill when I was first diagnosed.

So I am making an appointment with my Neurologist to get things under control and to get my questions answered.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1. Welcome to the club – 8 years and counting (est.) I have lupus and it’s said that the symptoms from that subside once it (Menopause) sets in. For these last few years, though, I have tracked a definite correlation with my hormone fluxs and flares- no matter what the research says… hormones do matter.

Hang in there~

maria’s last blog post..Drum roll, please…

comment by maria — January 15, 2009 @ 2:34 am
  2. Having gone into menopause surgically at the age of 33, I can say that hormones DO affect chronic illness. I hope your doctor will be able to help you sort out what the best course of treatment for you will be.

You remain in my thoughts and prayers!

Maureen’s last blog post..A Thankful Mish Mosh of Thoughts

comment by Maureen — January 15, 2009 @ 8:06 pm
  3. Maria, I don’t wanna be in this club (whine)! But what else is new? I think there’s probably not enough research on this type of thing since we’re “just women”. I didn’t say I wouldn’t vent in my comments, so sorry that you’re having to read this here LOL.

comment by Connie — January 16, 2009 @ 8:42 pm
  4. I’m sure that my neuro will help me out, Maureen. I love my PCP but she can’t be a specialist in everything.

comment by Connie — January 16, 2009 @ 8:43 pm
  5. Good that you’re going to see a specialist. Good luck!

Prof S’s last blog post..Medical forms

comment by Prof S — January 18, 2009 @ 10:35 pm