Spot Compression Mammogram

Posted by Connie on Friday, March 20th, 2009 at 11:45 pm and is filed under Health Information.

I guess it’s not a good thing when your mammogram doesn’t hurt. I’m not really sure but it’s my gut instinct right now. Why would I think that? Well, it’s because of a letter and a phone call from my doctor.

First the letter arrives. Of course I didn’t get the mail until after 5 PM so I had to wait to speak to my doctor about it. But when I saw the yellow highlighter on the page I immediately knew something was wrong. The note said that there was something “suspicious” on my test and that I needed to get in touch with my doctor. It went on to say that this didn’t mean that I had a tumor but that my doctor would decide if further testing was needed.

breastultrasoundI called the next day at 8 AM and was told that I’d get a return call right away. I was then told that one of my breasts was “dense” and that I needed an ultrasound and a spot compression mammogram. I was told not to worry. It was a change from last year and it does happen with age.

I’m amazed that I’m this calm about it. I go for my tests on Wednesday, March 25th. I’ll keep you posted.

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 StumbleUpon 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Filament.io 0 Flares ×
Health Information

1. It’s great that you’re calm. Remember, most mammograms are normal, they just don’t have celebrity spokespeople. LOL!

Aftercancer’s last blog post..New guidelines for colonoscopies

comment by Aftercancer — March 21, 2009 @ 7:54 am
  2. I use to be so bad that every time I would have a mamogram they always found something and here I would have to go right back and have spot mamogram and a ultrasound. I got so tired of having to make to trips just to find that every thing was normal, my doctor finally would put on the order that if they found anything suspicious to go ahead and do an untrosound or what ever the radiologist thought was needed. It really saved me a lot of extra trips.
    I am glad you are calm. And may the peace of God remain with you.
    Many Blessings,
    Dianne Johnson

comment by Dianne Johnson — March 21, 2009 @ 11:30 am
  3. I will be praying for you my friend and sister in Christ. I agree most mammograms are normal. Keep us posted and keep being calm. The Lord is watching over you.

Shirley’s last blog post..Update on Jane

comment by Shirley — March 24, 2009 @ 9:47 pm
  4. I just found out that my mammogram showed some abnormality. Need to see the doctor for more exam and schedule a spot compression mammogram. I’m terrified and don’t want to tell anyone. Don’t see how I will get through this. I’m a wreck. Thanks for listening

comment by Eileen — September 21, 2009 @ 6:01 pm
  5. I also was called back for extra study on my routine mammogram. I am so worried and my test is not for another week. I have not told anyone andam getting myselfe dick with worry. thanks .

comment by karen — December 4, 2009 @ 10:27 am
  6. I went for my yearly mamo just got a call today, I have to go for a spot compression and maybe ultrasound tomorrow 3/24. I am scared to death. My mom had breast cancer (lost her 3 1/2 years), my aunt has it now (My mom’s sister). Please keep me in your prayers.

comment by Mary — March 23, 2010 @ 3:55 pm
  7. I got a call on last Friday that my mammogram was different from my last. An area on my right breast which they want to do a spot compression on May 11th at 9 am. I am 41 years old and quite frankly scared. My biological mother had breast cancer at 27 and her mother had it at some point also. Praise the Lord , they are both living. Ever since I found my birth mother at 23 years old, I have been having routine mammograms. After all of this time…it hit me like a ton of bricks. I have been in a fog ever since. Relying totally on my faith in God and His reassuring scripture. I am praying that I find out sooner than later what these new images mean. How do I get them to do this quicker than a week out?
    Thank you all for your prayers!

comment by beverly — May 10, 2010 @ 6:49 pm
  8. Hi
    I just got my results too and I have to go back for a spot compression. I dont have a history of BC should I be very worried. My doctor say not to worry. My prayers are with everyone as we go through this. God’s richest blessings to all.

comment by audrey — August 4, 2010 @ 8:37 pm
  9. I went for my mammogram yesterday, and this morning when I heard my doctor’s voice on the phone, I knew it was bad news. He told me that I have to go and have a bilateral sonogram and a spot compression mammogram of both breasts. I asked him why, and he said that they could not see well through the screening mammogram, but as all of you, I am a wreck. I suppose that this is getting to be a normal procedure since I now see many women have to go through it, however it is very scary. Several of my coworkers have had to go through this too, if it helps any. I hope we all will be all right.

comment by Sandy — May 30, 2012 @ 3:54 pm
  10. I just had my first mammogram and received a call that they need to do a spot compression on my left breast but not to worry. Hmmm

comment by Selena — January 30, 2013 @ 11:54 pm