In 2010 thousands of MDA families across the country joined our Shamrocks Crusade, making a HUGE impact on the success of our Shamrocks Campaign. Once again thousands of restaurants and retailers nationwide have teamed up with MDA to sell paper Shamrocks and decorate their establishments for Saint Patrick’s Day 2011.
One simple question — “Would you like to buy a Shamrock for MDA?” — has rallied the support of millions of customers in behalf of families affected by muscle disease. Shamrocks cost either $1 or $5 and the money raised goes towards research and treatment.
We’re asking you and your family to join the MDA Shamrocks Crusade by visiting participating Shamrocks partners to help show appreciation for their support. By thanking associates and managers, you’ll help make 2011 a record-breaking Shamrocks year and have a lot of fun at the same time.
How To Help
1. Visit locations and thank as many associates and managers as possible and make a difference!
2. Pass out goodies, cards and letters to show appreciation.
3. Secret Shop participating locations and see if they ask you to buy a Shamrock:
- If they do, award them with thanks and a small token of appreciation.
- If they don’t, introduce yourself as a Shamrocks Crusader, offer them a second chance at a prize, and tell them how much their support means.
4. Take pictures of associates in front of their Shamrocks displays and with you – our “Shambassadors”.
5. Help MDA promote shamrocks – add a shamrock badge to your Facebook and Twitter messages, encouraging friends to buy a shamrock or text “IRISH” to 20222.
6. Tweet a photo of you and an MDA Shamrock to @MDANews with the hashtag #MDAShamrocks and @MDAnews will retweet your photo! Add you photo to the MDANational Facebook wall and get more people involved!
Information provided by the MDA