MDA Flu Shot Program Begins

Posted by Connie on Saturday, September 10th, 2011 at 8:20 am and is filed under Advocate, Health Information, News.

The MDA has partnered with Walgreens for their Flu Shot Program. Since getting the flu can cause serious complications to those of us who have a Muscular Dystrophy diseases, the MDA offers free flu shots through a voucher program for members who do not have health insurance to cover the vaccination.  The flu shot is the best form of prevention.

Getting vaccinated against the flu is crucial to the health of people with a neuromuscular disease. It’s also necessary for family members and other close contacts to get the flu shot. The MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Association) also offers discount coupons for family members and caregivers of members. The cost with the coupon is $26. This is a new addition to the MDA’s Flu Shot Program this year.

MDA Flu Shot Program

Please check with your doctor before getting the shot, especially if you have Myasthenia Gravis, polymyositis, dermatomyositis, or take immune-suppressing medications. Also, the intranasal form of the vaccine is not recommended for people who have a neuromuscular disease.

You can redeem your voucher or coupon at any Walgreens and Duane Reade pharmacies, including Take Care Clinics. Thank you to the MDA and to Walgreens for providing a much needed service.

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 StumbleUpon 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Filament.io 0 Flares ×

1. Have you had any experience with flu shots and seen good results? I know that I was watching a television program last year that really made me question the value of flu shots – I know that if you are a senior they can save your life, but when you are in your thirties it might not be a good idea. Would you mind sharing your opinion on the issue?
    Vicky Goodman recently posted..Best Ultrasound Technician Training OnlineMy Profile

comment by Vicky Goodman — October 18, 2011 @ 5:16 pm
  2. I will right away grab your rss feed as I can not in finding your email subscription link or e-newsletter service.

Do you’ve any? Kindly allow me recognize in order that I may subscribe. Thanks.
    webpage recently posted..webpageMy Profile

comment by webpage — January 29, 2013 @ 3:24 pm
  3. Hi! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues
    with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up
    losing many months of hard work due to no backup. Do you have any methods to protect against hackers?
    http://www.joobs.de recently posted..http://www.joobs.deMy Profile

comment by www.joobs.de — May 9, 2013 @ 5:15 am
  4. Micro-finance schemes for self-employment, by
    commercial banks and other institutions such as the Small Business Finance Corporation (SBFC) and the
    Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund (PPAF) are considered pivotal for creation of opportunities for educated youth
    since employment prospects have significantly worsened. Einige einer Grundbesitzriesen denn DLF, Puravankara Projekte und Indien Bullen
    Immobilien sein k. higkeit, Steuern in den Vereinigten Staaten garantiert weniger als
    Wertpapiere, die von keinen besonderen F.
    SWK Bank Kredit recently posted..SWK Bank KreditMy Profile

comment by SWK Bank Kredit — June 5, 2013 @ 9:05 am
  5. I rarely leave remarks, however i did a few searching and wound up here
    MDA Flu Shot Program Begins | My Chronic Life. And I actually do
    have a couple of questions for you if you don’t mind. Could it be simply me or does it look as if like a few of these remarks come across as if they are written by brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are writing on additional social sites, I’d like to follow everything new you have to
    post. Would you make a list of all of all your communal pages
    like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

I appreciate you using a moment to view my user profile. You are also welcome
    to take a look at my web-site as well for more advice and
    effective strategies :: http://clotheyourbaby.weebly.com/
    http://clotheyourbaby.weebly.com/ recently posted..http://clotheyourbaby.weebly.com/My Profile

comment by http://clotheyourbaby.weebly.com/ — June 6, 2013 @ 9:23 pm
  6. It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this publish and if I could I want to recommend you some interesting issues or suggestions. Maybe you can write next articles regarding this article. I want to learn more issues about it!
    fenetre 3 vantaux pvc recently posted..fenetre 3 vantaux pvcMy Profile