I’m taking part in the Health Activist Writer’s Month Challenge for April. Today’s prompt is – Pretend you’re making a time capsule of you & your health focus that won’t be opened until 2112. What’s in it? What would people think of it when they found it?
The Contents of My Health Time Capsule
- Every doctor visit note
- Every medical test I’ve been through
- A copy of my medication list (updated as needed)
- A copy of this blog
- Photos of me and the changes my body has been through since my first diagnosis at age 23
- A copy of blog posts and forum posts where I tried to advocate for those with medical conditions
- Photos of my family and friends who have supported me along the way
- Notes and photos of trips I’ve taken and other activities I’ve done since my first diagnosis
What People will Think When they Find my Time Capsule
I think that people will feel sorry for me at first. As they see my good days and the way that I’ve tried to be positive in my outlook in life, I hope that people will be influenced to do the same. I also hope that more people will see the importance of being an advocate for someone in their life or for a specific medical cause.