Shoulder Pain

Posted by Connie on Sunday, May 20th, 2012 at 2:30 pm and is filed under Health Information, OTC Medications, Prescription Medications.

The pain has been getting worse. It hurts when I use my left arm and when I sleep on my left side. I’ve had shoulder pain for years, but this is different. It’s lingering and the one side is much more sore than the other. I’ve mentioned it to my Rheumatologist, who has given me light exercises to do. He’s also given me trigger point injections numerous times.

Since I refuse to take narcotic pain medications, I use Biofreeze to relieve pain and do my deep breathing when it feels like it’s getting overwhelming. I try to remember not to use my left arm to carry anything heavy too. Believe me, when I do by accident, I switch arms right away.

I have a feeling that it’s a rotator cuff injury or something that may require more than the treatment I’m currently using because the pain is not getting any better. As much as I try to push those negative thoughts away, they’re there, just like I would get addicted to pain medications if I took them.  I’ve seen this happen too often, even in my own family and it scares me. Plus I don’t like the way I act on narcotics. Thankfully, there are free drug rehab programs that help with this type of addiction. But I won’t take any chances. For now, I’ll continue with the trigger pain injections, the exercises, the gel and the deep breathing. Thank you very much.

This is a sponsored post for drug rehabilitation programs. All opinions are my own. This blog uses affiliate links.

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 StumbleUpon 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Filament.io 0 Flares ×

1. Hope your shoulder pain will be gone. Just pursue on your treatment always. Wish you well soon. Just follow the best way to treat it.
    Kristy Hans recently posted..NaturomaxMy Profile

comment by Kristy Hans — May 23, 2012 @ 8:52 am
  2. Connie, hope you’re getting well soon. Shoulder pain surely will be heal if you continue that treatment your applying.
    God Bless!
    In home health care recently posted..ACCESSIBLE HOME HEALTH CARE NAMES BLUEGRASS AND MID CAROLINA AS ITS FRANCHISES OF THE FIRST QUARTERMy Profile

comment by In home health care — May 24, 2012 @ 10:38 pm
  3. It is really good that you select the right medication to relieve your pain. Just keep on your medication so that your shoulder pain will be cured.
    Michelle Snike recently posted..MaxirexMy Profile

comment by Michelle Snike — May 27, 2012 @ 6:59 am
  4. Therapy I suggest much better than narcotic medication and hopefully you will be healed just continue with what is best for it.
    Barbara T. Armstrong recently posted..idol lashMy Profile

comment by Barbara T. Armstrong — May 27, 2012 @ 4:10 pm
  5. Shoulder pain just needs daily medication. Hope it will be gone soon and be fully cured.
    Shania Beck recently posted..ProenhanceMy Profile

comment by Shania Beck — May 30, 2012 @ 10:30 am
  6. I experience also shoulder pain and luckily I am contented with the treatment I got from my doctor. It ease the pain.
    Jane West recently posted..Why Idol Tan is the Best Tanning Product?My Profile

comment by Jane West — June 27, 2012 @ 8:47 am
  7. This is great idea in order to have a better health and with a peace of mind while living in this world.
    Cassandra Park recently posted..Get Rock Hard Erection with Herbs and VitaminsMy Profile

comment by Cassandra Park — June 29, 2012 @ 7:03 pm
  8. Thank you for every other informative blog. Where else could I get that kind of info written in such an ideal way?

comment by Harens — April 7, 2013 @ 7:35 pm
  9. These courses provide high quality study materials with high definition videos
    as practical training. Several training centers offer extent level of
    programs with talented faculties. Urinary System: This system
    is primarily responsible for getting rid of excess wastes in the body and regulating body fluids.
    thisisbeauty.ning.com recently posted..thisisbeauty.ning.comMy Profile

comment by thisisbeauty.ning.com — June 5, 2013 @ 7:24 am
  10. The ethical issues that surround the use of embryonic stem
    cells make it difficult for scientists and researchers in some countries to receive the funding they need to pursue
    their work. Here is another website with Incredible Hulk coloring pages:.
    The experts use herbs and organic matters to neutralize the deadly poisons.
    sellabitmum.com recently posted..sellabitmum.comMy Profile

comment by sellabitmum.com — June 30, 2013 @ 9:58 pm
  11. You are telling right about the shoulder pain !!! If you have pain in there then there is need to exercise !! under 1 week you can get benefit from there !! Otherwise you should consult to doctor !!

comment by Stem Cell Supplement — July 2, 2013 @ 2:49 pm