Prompt: 10 Things I Couldn’t Live Without. Write a list of the 10 things you need (or love) most.
My list is related to my chronic illnesses and in no particular order:
- My iPhone – to play games, read email, tweet, stay in touch on Facebook all while I wait in doctors’ offices
- Body Pillow – helps make resting and sleeping more comfy. Takes the pressure off those joints and muscles that hurt and ache.
- Salads – my go to food when I’m craving junk food. I’m not sure what it is about all of those healthy, colorful veggies, but they taste delicious and fill me up. (I try to keep cut up veggies in containers to make a quick salad when I’m not feeling well.)
- B12 Shots – I get a shot every two weeks because my body does not retain B12. This helps increase energy.
- Relaxation and Deep Breathing – used for chronic pain, migraines and general aches and pains. I use this as often as possible since I dislike pain medicine.
- Cup of Tea and Toast- it’s my comfort meal as needed. I drink my tea decaffeinated, with milk and sugar.
- Stuffed Mickey Mouse – he’s with me when I don’t feel well or in the hospital.
- Prescription Medications – I hate to add this to my list, but if it weren’t for them, I wouldn’t be alive.
- My Doctors – I may complain about some of them, but the ones that are still on my “don’t fire” list have listened to me, seen me as a whole person and treated me so I can live my life to the fullest.
- Disney World – my happy place, where I can go when I feel like life is a against me.
It goes without saying, that my family and friends are my life. They are the best support system and I’m blessed to have them. I didn’t put them on the list because I couldn’t imagine life without them.